The harrowing tale of survival in 1908 northern Newfoundland translates into comic book form.
The Legacy of Sir Wilfred Thomason Grenfell
"The purpose of this world is not to have and hold, but to serve" Wilfred T. Grenfell
Wilfred Thomason Grenfell was a heroic medical missionary, originally from Parkgate, England.
In 1892, Dr. Grenfell was sent to Newfoundland & Labrador to investigate the state of the fishery.
This was the start of his lifelong work to aid the people of an isolated coast - ice blocked and inaccessible for many months of the year.
For his years of service on behalf of these communities, he was knighted by King George V.
Watch 4 Minute Video | The Legacy of Sir Wilfed Thomason Grenfell
A Major Tourism Attraction - Grenfell Historic Properties
• Commemorates Sir Grenfell's legacy in Newfoundland & Labrador.
• Become forever inspired by Dr. Grenfell's legendary contributions.
• Walk in the footsteps of Grenfell's beloved home & surroundings.
• Learn about Dr. Grenfell's worldwide mission of the early 1900's.
• Extraordinary stories illustrate Sir Grenfell's life experiences.
• Chronicles the remarkable history and the evolution of our people.
Come and join us in our celebration of the Grenfell Legacy
Operated by the Sir Wilfred Thomason Grenfell Historical Society | A not-for-profit, registered Canadian Charity.